Senior SOX Analyst
Company: Webster Financial Corporation
Posted on: August 5, 2022
This website is AudioEye enabled and is being optimized for
accessibility. To open the AudioEye Toolbar, press shift + =. The
toolbar contains the followingThe AudioEye Help Desk to report
accessibility and usability related issues.The AudioEye
Certification Statement to explain the ongoing web accessibility
and usability enhancements for this website.The Player tool to
listen to this site read aloud. The Player is not intended as a
substitute for your screen reader.Since 1935, Webster Bank has been
helping individuals, families and businesses meet their financial
goals. -As a leading regional bank, Webster's strong foundation is
built on our core values of responsibility, respect, teamwork,
trust and commitment to our communities. Webster bankers remain our
most valuable asset, and we pride ourselves on our diverse,
equitable and inclusive work environment. Come join our team!Senior
Sr SOX AnalystIf you are looking for an opportunity to be a part of
an industry best practice SOX program, then this role is for you!
The Senior SOX Analyst plays a critical role in the continued
development of the SOX program. This role has high visibility
across the organization and is responsible for regular
communication with key stakeholders, including various levels of
Management and external auditors. The Senior SOX Analyst aids in
the coaching and development of other team members.The Senior SOX
Analyst performs comprehensive reviews of business processes to
ensure appropriate controls and procedures are in place and
operating effectively. This person is a key role in the execution
of the SOX Program and makes recommendation to various levels of
Management for enhancing processes and controls and improving
documentation to meet SOX requirements. The role requires strong
ownership, leadership, and communication capabilities, and is a
critical point of contact for the lines of business. Forming strong
relationships with business partners and fostering a collaborative
environment are critical to success in this role. The Senior
Analyst will serve as a primary contact for the external auditors
and will assist in coordinating SOX efforts between the SOX
department, SOX stakeholders and external audit. -Key
- Play a critical role in the continued enhancement of the SOX
program in response to a changing control environment and changing
processes and technology within the Company.
- Maintain a high level of visibility across the organization
with various levels of Management and serve as a key point of
contact for lines of business.
- Manage communications with key partners, including messaging of
SOX objectives and requirements, managing request lists, and
facilitating discussions on controls.
- Facilitate the walkthrough process with Management and external
- Collaborate with business line partners to review SOX
documentation (risk control matrices, narratives, flowcharts) and
identify areas where control enhancements and/or documentation
improvements are needed.
- Ensure SOX documentation is accurate and reflects current
- Complete and/or review SOX testing for key controls identified
in the walkthrough process. Coordinate testing approach and align
expectations with external auditors to ensure documentation and
testing complies with industry standards (including PCAOB) and
allows for reliance by the external auditors.
- Leverage knowledge of audit methodology and industry
requirements to ensure thorough workpapers are maintained.
- Support the team-oriented culture of the SOX department.
- Mentor less experienced SOX team members and review workpapers
- Research and assess deficiencies identified and work with
Management to identify an appropriate solution.
- Follow-up on remediation activities to verify appropriate
- Apply audit planning and execution knowledge to support the
risk assessment and scoping process.
- Manage communication with external auditors and serve as a
liaison between external audit and lines of business.
- Assist Management in the review and mapping of vendor SOC 1
reports to ensure appropriate controls are identified and operating
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent combination of
education and work experience required
- 5 years of related experience, public accounting or SOX
experience strongly preferred
- Banking experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, time
management, project management, and analytical skills
- CPA or CIA designation strongly preferred #LI-JW1 #ZR Sign in
first with a simple click LinkedIn Indeed Google -OR - This field
is required Email address is in an invalid format Password does not
meet minimum requirements This field is required Email address is
in an invalid format Password does not meet minimum requirements
This field is required Email address is in an invalid format
Password does not meet minimum requirements
Keywords: Webster Financial Corporation, Waterbury , Senior SOX Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!