Senior Actuarial Analyst, Actuarial Operations - Ironshore Actuarial
Company: Liberty Mutual
Location: New York
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Advance your Actuarial career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company! Liberty Mutual Actuarial is seeking talented, experienced actuarial analysts to join our community of more than 500 credentialed actuaries and students. Our actuaries enjoy intellectual challenge, rewarding work and positions of respect. They perform critical pricing, underwriting, reserving, and research assignments, and they are key contributors to special projects, including mergers and acquisitions, capital allocation, and enterprise risk management. Our actuaries develop and apply state-of-the-art techniques and sophisticated models to a wide variety of business problems. Once credentialed, our actuaries continue to expand their skills by working in multiple business units throughout their careers. They work not only in traditional actuarial roles in personal and commercial lines, but in product management and other areas of the company that require a combination of technical expertise and practical business decision-making. Job Summary: Ironshore is seeking a talented Senior Actuarial Analyst to join its Actuarial Operations team.Under general direction, this person will perform complex actuarial analysis to support Ironshores profit, growth, and operational objectives in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This individual will support the analysis of segment profitability, planning and underwriting strategy by providing tools and support to the pricing actuaries. In addition, the individual will interact with finance and underwriting.The successful candidate will have attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to negotiate and influence both technical and non-technical individuals and audiences. Responsibilities:
- Maintain status in Actuarial Student Development Program
- Provide support to actuaries and others by providing tools to assist business decision making, financial planning, and strategy development
- Provide recommendations for and assist in the creation and maintenance of actuarial tools.
- Assist in the preparation of actuarial research and complex reports and studies; Presents findings and exhibits to peers and others
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical actuarial work to technical and non-technical audiences, and on cross functional teams.
- Retrieve, understands and manipulates data as it relates to assigned and related projects.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation of methods and activities
- Provide technical assistance and information to other departments
- Attend internal LMG actuarial meetings and regulatory meetings as necessary
- Complete required training Qualifications:
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- Minimum 24 years relevant experience required and commitment to achieving Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- Passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required.
- Prior experience and solid knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Solid oral and written and presentation communication skills and ability to interact effectively within and outside the organization.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates.
- Ability to exercise discretion, and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in execution of assignments and projects.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with minimal direction. Strong computing skills; Ability to build models of moderate complexity. Benefits: We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: Overview: At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed. Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.Job: Actuarial Primary Location: United States-New York-New York Schedule: Full-time Salary: $100,000-$115,000 Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (--16 years) Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Waterbury , Senior Actuarial Analyst, Actuarial Operations - Ironshore Actuarial, Accounting, Auditing , New York, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!