Assistant Coach - Cross Country/Track & Field (Part-time)
Company: Post University
Posted on: March 24, 2020
Post University is seeking an Assistant Coach for Cross
Country/Track and Field (Part Time) to join our team.
Do you want to help others change their lives through
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to
fully utilize your expertise in a growing and ever evolving
As an associate at Post, you will have an opportunity every day to
change lives and be a part of building something truly special. We
are looking for exceptional talent who understand that their
purpose is to create a personal, memorable and delightful
experience for our students and each other.
We seek those that:
- thrive on working things out through collaboration and straight
- who are willing to find and try creative solutions,
- who take on complex challenges with a 'we will overcome this'
If you understand what it takes to be obsessive about service, be
part of a team - willing to work toward the team's priorities, not
your own and who can genuinely embrace our culture and our
mission---. then we're interested in you!
Our culture is perhaps best described as "entrepreneurial." It's
understanding that we try things for a purpose, holding ourselves
accountable without placing blame. We have the ambition,
flexibility and pioneering spirit of a start-up --- tempered by an
understanding that innovation and change happen for a reason. We
are constantly moving toward a goal.
Assists in planning and directing training of student athletes, and
assesses individuals' abilities and skill level to determine
appropriate team position. Assists players in reaching highest
athletic potential possible through athletic training and
leadership skills. Must be familiar with NCAA rules and
regulations. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and
procedures within Cross Country/Track & Field. Relies on experience
and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of
tasks. Recruiting will be a major responsibility as well as
coaching assigned event groups. Evening and weekend hours will be
required. In addition to a small stipend, travel and admission to
the USTFCCCA Convention as a networking opportunity and Coaching
Education opportunities will be provided. Applicants for this
position should have the desire to become full time college coaches
in the future and view this position as an opportunity to build a
resume and prove their worth in the college coaching profession.
Coaches specializing in all event groups will be considered.
Working under general supervision, this candidate must be a
self-starter, able to work independently when appropriate, able to
understand and comply with all NCAA Division II and CACC rules and
regulations, adaptable to a changing workday schedule, be able to
work odd hours and weekends, and have excellent organization &
communication skills. A certain degree of creativity and latitude
The primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Assist the head coach in monitoring of the strength and
- Assist the head coach with on and off the field coaching of the
team, including practices planning and implementation, individual
and team coaching, planning and organization of practices and other
coaching duties as assigned.
- Assist the head coach with the academic support of current
student-athletes, including study hall monitoring, individual
academic monitoring and meetings, class checking and other duties
- Assist the head coach with on and off campus recruiting
activities, including recruiting, prospect evaluation, database
management, correspondences, phone calls and other duties.
- Provide input in the evaluation and improvement of our
- Pass NCAA recruiting certification test.
- Assist the head coach with scouting opponents.
- Assist the head coach with planning all aspects of team travel
within budgetary limitations.
- Assist the head coach with planning events for fundraising and
other special functions within the framework of the overall
athletic department fundraising and development program.
- Successful candidate must be committed to the academic success
of student-athletes and be committed to their personal growth and
- Additional duties can be assigned with discussions between the
Head Coach, Athletic Director and the prospective successful
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Collegiate coaching and/or playing experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Synergy and/or video
- Proven leadership ability.
- Must possess ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships with staff, student-athletes and potential
recruits and their families.
- Excellent communication, written and oral skills
- Demonstrated commitment to NCAA Division II guidelines and
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Keywords: Post University, Waterbury , Assistant Coach - Cross Country/Track & Field (Part-time), Education / Teaching , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!