Posted on: June 24, 2022
The 2-year Global Graduate development program is designed to
develop critical skills by providing participants an opportunity to
experience a range of placement assignments as they establish broad
experience within Engineering. These carefully structured
experiences will expose participants to a view of the "big picture"
and capabilities in areas important to engineering. Rotations could
include experiences in one Iberdrola location in Spain, Scotland,
Brazil or Mexico and 2 rotations in the U.S. (Orange, CT,
Rochester/Binghamton, NY and Augusta/Portland, ME).For each
assignment, participants will be required to meet specific outcomes
and execute project plans. Along with rotations, members also are
given opportunities to work on Process Improvement projects that
relate to their rotations.Job Responsibilities:
- Perform basic, straightforward engineering analysis, design and
calculations using standard engineering methodology and
- Prepare, review, maintain, and interpret basic drawings (e.g.,
site plans, electrical schematics, one-line diagrams, material
specifications). Properly apply design standards, design criteria,
guidelines, policies and operating procedures. Create and assemble
construction documents; create a work breakdown structure and other
requirements as needed for the successful execution of the action
plan to resolve issues or connect to the system.
- Develop/present design concepts, determine alternate
options/methods and create action plans to resolve basic issues or
to make straightforward connections to the distribution power
- Learn and apply the processes, policies and standards related
to the distribution infrastructure to meet the customer and
stakeholder needs in basic straightforward instances.
- Promote cross functional teamwork on assigned tasks and
projects. Work collaboratively and independently to specify and
design systems to address specific/unique situations. Promote and
follow the Company safety policies and practices. Accept
responsibility for their safety and healthas well as the safety and
health of their fellow employees.
- Learn to plan, schedule, monitor, control budget/estimates,
construction plans and material orders for assigned tasks and/or
projects. Follow updates in research and developments taking place
in the power industry, through training and industry
- Respond as needed to assist in storm restoration
efforts.Requirements:Education & Experience:
- BS/BA Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Graduate: 0-2 Years (Internships and Co-Ops not applicable to
years of experience)Skills & Abilities:
- Solid academic standing with a GPA of 3.2 and above
- Engineering co-op or internship experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership and/or proven technical
- Highly motivated and takes initiative
- Able to relocate for positions as requiredOther Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Must be a proven team player to work, promote and consolidate
efficient team working relationships.About the CompanyAVANGRID,
Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy
company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with
approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S.
states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid
Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight
electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million
customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and
operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities
across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000
people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of
the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate
citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for
its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves.
The company supports the U.N.s Sustainable Development Goals and
was named among the Worlds Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the
third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more
information, visit This job has been posted by TalentBoost on
behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental
principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every
prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost
not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic
origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state or local law.#TBAvangridGrads
Keywords: Avangrid, Waterbury , Associate Engineer, Engineering , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!