Posted on: September 21, 2022
The primary purpose of the Store Manager is upholding the daily
store operations of a retail store ensuring maximum sales and
profitability through merchandising execution, managing expenses
and inventory, training and development of the store team, human
resources management, and outstanding customer service.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall quality and performance of the retail
- Analyzes and measures business trends to maximize revenues and
control costs at or better than plan.
- Ensures compliance of all company policies and procedures.
- Models effective leadership to gain commitment to store goals
and training standards.
- Responsible for the recruitment, selection and training and
development of store personnel.
- Conducts annual performance evaluations for all store
- Manages expenses and develops strategies that position stores
to perform in accordance with the budget.
- Monitors and identifies issues relevant to the loss or
inconsistencies in the Store to ensure store achieves successful
goals of shrink that are at or below company plan.
- Monitors and controls all aspects of operational compliance,
safety and business standards.
- Identifies market conditions and merchandise opportunities and
communicates valuable information to the District Manager for
maximizing goals and objectives.
- Ensures company customer service standards are upheld so that
each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- A standard work week consists of a minimum of 46 hours.
- Flexible schedule required which includes but not limited to
the following: days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
Education And/or Experience
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year in retail management.
Skills And Knowledge Requirements:
- Work requires a solid knowledge of business and an excellent
command of the English language to effectively communicate with
management, associates and customers.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle
sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually
requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must demonstrate an ability to think strategically, plan and
- Must be able to maintain an exemplary degree of professionalism
in all situations.
- Requires a proficient analytical ability to gather and
summarize data for reports, find solutions to various
administrative problems, and prioritize work.
- Results driven with demonstrated critical and creative thinking
skills. Project management, time management, analytical and
superior organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, confidentiality,
and independent judgment with the ability to use compassion and
- Proven ability to plan, organize, multi-task, set priorities
effectively and efficiently to proactively respond to changing
demands, from multiple sources.
- The ability to execute directives with precision and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products is required
- Willing to work in multiple stores in the assigned
- Individuals must be able to stand for extended periods of time;
lift, carry, push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work extended hours during critical project phases; and
able to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment with
- The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced
- Must have reliable transportation. Must be willing to travel
via car, plane or train
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so
DTLR, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: DTLR, Waterbury , Store Manager, Executive , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!