Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1812012
Company: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Duties: Designs and develops IBM InfoSphere Streams, C++, and backend
based applications for real time equity and options trading systems.
Performs backend design and development using C/C++ on Linux. Performs
application design and development using IBM InfoSphere Streams to
create new signals for algorithmic trading applications. Provides
technical leadership to convert business user’s technical specifications
and business problems/requirements into code and applications that
implement and optimize back-end based financial services systems.
• Plans and coordinates application development using industry
standard OOAD techniques, SDLC principles, and software design patterns.
• Develops, designs, codes, and tests applications using C, C++,
IBM InfoSphere Streams, Java, and kdb.
• Reviews Object-oriented solutions and backend implementation,
including production support and performance tuning.
• Communicates with business and financial engineering teams to
ensure gaps between business and technical requirements are resolved.
• Participates in architecture design teams for real-time
distributed systems on internal/external cloud using microservice
architecture and cloud technologies.
• Defines and implements application level architecture.
• Develops applications on complex projects, components, and
subsystems for the division.
• Recommends development testing tools and methodologies and
reviews and validates test plans.
• Responsible for QA readiness of software deliverables.
• Responsible for meeting project goals on-time and on-budget.
• Advises on risk assessment and risk management strategies for
• Plans and coordinates project schedules and assignments for
• Acts as a primary liaison for business units to resolve various
• Provides technology solutions to daily issues and technical
evaluation estimates on technology initiatives.
• Mentors junior team members.
• Performs independent and complex technical and functional
analysis for multiple projects supporting several divisional
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign education equivalent) in Computer Science,
Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics,
Physics, or a closely related field and five (5) years of experience in
the job offered or five (5) years of experience developing backend
applications using Object-oriented technologies;
Or, alternatively, a Master’s degree (or foreign education equivalent)
in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information
Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a closely related field and three (3)
years of experience in the job offered or three (3) years of experience
developing backend applications using Object-oriented technologies.
Candidate must also possess:
Demonstrated Expertise (“DE”) performing systems development for
streaming complex signals using IBM InfoSphere Streams development
platform for high frequency trading applications;
DE developing backend systems using Object-oriented programming/design
patterns and C/C++ on Linux for algorithmic trading applications;
DE designing and implementing enterprise infrastructure and platforms
required for cloud computing, using microservice architecture and cloud
technologies --Kubernetes, Dockers, Ansible, and Chef scripts -- for
trading application UIs.
To apply, go to https://jobs.fidelity.com and search for 1812012.
Keywords: FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, Waterbury , Principal Software Engineer/Developer - 1812012 , Finance , Jersey City, NJ, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!