Senior Registered Nurse Job in Waterbury, CT
Posted on: January 14, 2021
Acute Care opening in Waterbury, Connecticut. This and other rn
jobs brought to you by NursingJobCafe.com DirectShifts is seeking a
Registered Nurse to work in Waterbury, CT
Manages care for both stress testing population and anticoagulation
clinic. Responsible for clinical management of referred outpatients
for anticoagulation therapy based on established protocols.
Functions as a member of the team, under the supervision of the
clinic provider to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient
care. Responsible for outpatient cardiac stress testing and care
management of the patient which includes: monitoring stress
testing, providing a liaison between cardiologist and patients and
his/her family or support system; symptom assessment/management,
triage, and patient education. Works collaboratively with the
assistant director, hospital management and the CAGW management
team to ensure efficient operations of the cardiac diagnostic
center. Assumes the role of charge nurse in the absence of the
- RN State of CT. Licensure. ACLS and BLS required
- 3- 5 years acute cardiac experience, anticoagulation and
outpatient experience preferred
- 3 years supervisory experience required; outpatient
- Working knowledge or arrhythmias, cardiac medications,
assessment of chest pain
- Previous stress testing experience and knowledge of 12-lead EKG
- Participates in professional development activities
- Experience with starting, using, and maintaining intravenous
site and therapy.
- Oversee stress testing following IAC-nuclear based department
protocols working in conjunction with nuclear medicine for both
treadmill and pharmacologic testing, assuring safe but meaningful
testing with focus on EKG changes, arrhythmia interpretation, and
symptom management. Recognizes indications, contraindications, and
testing endpoints responding appropriately.
- Identifies medical problems during testing and assess need for
cardiologist intervention. Follow cardiologist orders, utilizing
center resources and/or outside agencies as needed.
- Identify and appropriately follow up on immediate patient needs
after completion of testing: determine which patients need to be
seen by cardiologist after testing and prior to leaving facility,
which test results need to be sent to cardiologist's nurse/office
and which are routine test results handled per protocol.
- Provide appropriate education to patients, family or
significant others regarding diagnosis, treatment plans, symptoms
to monitor, answers any health/test related questions appropriate
follow up care or testing as necessary
- Utilize non-nursing staff appropriately. Delegates to and
provides guidance and supervision to medical assistants and LPN's,
recognizing their scope of practice.
- Extracts and utilizes patient information from the inpatient
record or correspondence from provider.
- Assists with input of demographic patient data, processing test
- Performs agitated saline studies for echocardiograms as needed.
- Recognizes urgent medical issues or special patient needs in
the center, intervening appropriately. Seeks provider input as
required. Provides supportive care to patient, family or
- Sees anticoagulation outpatients in scheduled appointments or
handles telephone visits for telephonic population for dosing,
teaching, post hospital/STR stay, changes in health. Uses dosing
protocol to adjust warfarin dose, seeks provider input/orders as
required. Uses INR POCT device proficiently
- Receives, triages, and handles phone messages, verifies VNA
orders, assists with new lab requisitions and other documents as
- Completes peri-procedural anticoagulation plan, Provides
lovenox teaching, including patient instructions, self- injection,
requests lab work per protocol, obtains and discusses with provider
- Recognizes and participates in overdue and noncompliant patient
- Performs scheduling and registration functions in
anticoagulation, as required
- Participates in quality assurance measures, including audits
and data collection as required
- Under the direction of and together with the assistant director
assists in the general daily oversight of the department's
operations which may include but is not limited to: clinical
data/systems, test results, scheduling, registration, staffing,
daily workflow, ordering physician needs, patient care, IAC
requirements, mentoring staff, daily problem solving/conflict
resolution, back-up kronos timekeeper, maintaining productivity,
maintaining medical-surgical supplies, entering and reconciling
charges, forwarding invoices for payment to accounts payable. Acts
as the department charge nurse in the assistant director's absence.
- Perform all other duties as assigned."Candidates can ONLY apply
by registering We do not receive applications submitted to any
DirectShifts is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Credentialing on DirectShifts keeps you in our system for current
and ongoing consideration."
Keywords: DirectShifts, Waterbury , Senior Registered Nurse Job in Waterbury, CT, Healthcare , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!