President of Business Development, Waterbury Health and Eastern Connecticut Health Network
Company: Waterbury Hospital
Posted on: April 8, 2021
President of Business Development Waterbury Health and Eastern
Connecticut Health NetworkREPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer,
Waterbury Health and Eastern Connecticut Health Network
POSITION SUMMARY:The President of Business Development is
responsible for conceiving and implementing business development
initiatives that elevate the Waterbury Health brand and align with
the organization's strategic plan and priorities. This position
serves in a hybrid role of balancing operational and clinical
quality, business development and marketing strategies. Matrix
reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and as a member of the
senior management team, the incumbent designs, develops, implements
and directs the business development strategic goals and activities
of the Business Development Department. The incumbent may serve as
Administrator On-Call. This position is accountable for annual
goals/strategic initiatives related to physician
recruitment/retention, growth and expanded market penetration of
both existing/new programs and identification and related planning
of programs/services to be discontinued/consolidated or relocated.
This individual must demonstrate personal leadership, a deep
understanding of the healthcare community and show past success
with advanced hospital and physician market development and
facilitation of quantifiable results.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION:Bachelor's degree in hospital or health
administration, and Master's Degree is required.
EXPERIENCE:Minimum of 15 to 20 years of progressive leadership
experience in an acute care hospital/heath network environment.
- A solid understanding of the financial issues facing an
integrated healthcare delivery system and a strong grasp of the
clinical and technical aspects of operations is required.
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills and the ability
to build, attract and develop an excellent leadership team. Carry
out essential supervisory responsibilities including interviewing,
training, planning, performance evaluations, employee discipline
and problem solving.
- Defines performance metrics, conducts evaluative tracking and
monitoring of progress and reporting on results.
- Demonstrates the ability to identify and solve problems. Uses
initiative, creative thinking and professional judgement to reach
- Strong project management and experience in management and
leadership in cross departmental teams.
- Must feel comfortable in working in the forefront with the CEO
and Senior management and clinical service delivery in identifying,
analyzing and leading business development, marketing and related
- Experience in developing effective external working
relationships with and inspiring the trust of partner
organizations, elected officials, community leaders, and vendors.
Serves as emissary from CEO.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars,
professional affiliations, and keep abreast of the latest trends in
the health care industry in general and destination services
- Must have access to reliable transportation to travel between
multiple work sites; and travel is required in order to perform
- Ability to compile data from various sources and to analyze and
interpret the data in order to provide alternatives and make
recommendations. Familiarity with planning resources, statistical
software, data base management, and decision support system is also
required as is the intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office,
including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to manage projects
from initiation to completion within prescribed schedules and
utilization of resources.
- Experience with or interest in working with rural
- Planning and business development with strong financial acumen
especially in operating metrics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Disclaimer: Job descriptions
are not intended, nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive
lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working
conditions associated with the job. They are intended to be
accurate reflections of the principal duties and responsibilities
of this position. These responsibilities and competencies listed
below may change from time to time.
- Contributes to and executes strategic plan while elevating
Waterbury Health brand through the development and execution of
goals, objectives and policies for areas of responsibility.
- Provides leadership through planning, organizing, coordinating
and continually monitoring and evaluating functional areas of
- Monitors facility performance to goal. Reports on related areas
such as but not limited to: volumes, related revenue cycle
performance, pro-forma ROI projections to actual, market
reconnaissance, customer service accountabilities, quality
reporting implications, digital image, competitive analysis, and
market share penetration.
- Seeks and develops physician outreach and educational
opportunities coupled with internal operational feedback regarding
convenience and patient ease of access to position Waterbury as the
convenient destination provider with subject matter experts
delivering high quality care.
- Evaluates requests for new or additional services or programs.
Proactively scans the market and understand market dynamics and
trends. Seeks to improve strategic advantages.
- Evaluates programs/services to be closed, relocated and
consolidated. Develops related plans and directs needed
communication with all stakeholder groups on same.
- Acts as the ombudsman for the organization to physicians by
seeking feedback and information and facilitating improvements
resulting in increasing the depth of the connection of the
physician's relationship to Waterbury Health and increasing their
barriers to exiting.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory agencies and complies with
all applicable laws, regulations and standards of the Code of
- Devises and maintains formal and informal communication
systems. Utilizes regularly scheduled staff meetings for the
exchange of information. Effectively presents information to
community and employees. Develops structure to regularly hear the
voice of the customer and incorporates the elements of patient
choice into strategic growth opportunities.
- Establishes and maintains productive working relationships with
the Medical Staff, Executive Leadership Team and other
Keywords: Waterbury Hospital, Waterbury , President of Business Development, Waterbury Health and Eastern Connecticut Health Network, Healthcare , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!