Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Company: Community Health Center
Posted on: January 12, 2022
COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
Job DescriptionI. Title: Psychiatric APRNReports To: Director,
Behavioral HealthDept: Behavioral HealthII. Qualifications:
- MSN or DNP required.
- Current State of Connecticut RN license and APRN license.
- CHC requires as a condition of employment current American Red
Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer and AED (CPR/FPR/AED)
certification. The only acceptable alternative is current American
Heart Association BLS/AED for Healthcare Providers
certificationSpecific Responsibilities and General Duties:
- Assesses clients referred for evaluation and treatment by
primary care providers or by LCSWs in primary care centers of
school based health centers of CHCI.
- Prescribes medication as needed and monitors client response to
medication in coordination with the client's primary
- Provides client hours at least one evening session per week or
- Participates in multidisciplinary team and other Behavioral
Health departmental meetings (including the Performance Improvement
Committee) as assigned.
- Consults with CHC Medical providers concerning psychotropic
medication of their clients.
- Coordinates with community providers involved in the care of
Behavioral Health clients (with the client's signed consent).
- May order relevant lab tests and procedures with appropriate
consent, to help in the diagnosis or management of patient's
- Receives and reviews lab reports, providing feedback to clients
and/or consultation to primary therapist as needed.
- Expected to be proficient in the use of
- Behavioral Health documentation must meet all regulatory
requirements made by licensing and third party agencies and must be
accordance with CHC Behavioral Health Policy and Procedures.
- Uses state-of-the-art knowledge, relating research and current
clinical knowledge to the actual practice of psychiatry to improve
patient outcomes and reduce complications.
- Coordinates with other medical specialties in the detection and
treatment of psychiatric patients' non-psychiatric medical or
- Complies with collaborative agreement requirements with
psychiatrists as required by state law.Confidentiality of
Information:Full access to patient's electronic health record.
Keywords: Community Health Center, Waterbury , Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Healthcare , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!