Registered Nurse - Critical Care
Company: Waterbury Hospital
Posted on: January 15, 2022
OFFERING $20,000 SIGN ON BONUS TO EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES!At
Waterbury Hospital we offer our RN's with scheduled hours:
- Employer paid pension plan
- Sign on bonuses for experienced RN's
- Employee Referrals
- Opportunity for training in specialty areas
- Generous student loan forgiveness
- Education reimbursement
- Shift incentives
- Clinical Ladders
SCOPE OF POSITION:The Registered Nurse in Critical Care utilizes
the nursing process, diagnoses to treat human responses to actual
or potential problems and is accountable to the patient, family and
peers for the totality of work performed in order that the
organization can fulfill its primary mission of providing quality
health care within the community. Population serviced includes
adult, geriatric patients and upon occasion, adolescents. Reports
to the Assistant Director.
- Develop and implement a plan of care and demonstrate leadership
to ensure all patient/family needs are met. Monitor patients
before, during and after surgery and /or procedures to provide
safe, efficient care. Evaluate the plan of care and the patient's
responses: reassess and revise the plan based upon changing needs
- Demonstrate the skill and judgment necessary to implement
Physician's orders, nursing interventions and procedures as
necessary for the care of the patient.
- Maintain up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care
provided to insure the integration of information for use by the
health care team and to insure the totality of quality care.
- Promote effective working relationships and work cooperatively
as part of the department team to facilitate the department's
ability to meet its goal and objectives. Contributes to Quality
Improvement activities and participates in the departmental Quality
- Responsible for own professional development to insure
appropriate knowledge of advances in practice to provide state of
the art treatment for patient population serviced.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut
- Medical/Surgical procedures experience required.
- Intravenous therapy experience preferred (included starting
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a time oriented environment including
exposure to all patient elements, i.e. blood borne pathogens,
physical requirements; lifting and pulling of patients, pushing
stretchers, standing and walking for extended periods of time
wearing a lead apron.
- Ability to demonstrate and perform strengthening and toning
- Ability to interact with patients with tact and
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet
and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital
- Perform automated functions that fall within job
Location: Waterbury Hospital - Critical Care
Schedule: Full Time, Nights, 36 hrs Nights inc. every other
Keywords: Waterbury Hospital, Waterbury , Registered Nurse - Critical Care, Healthcare , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!