School Based Medical Assistant (FT)-Brass City (Waterbury)
Company: Community Health Center
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Full Time medical assistant opportunity at Brass City Charter
School in Waterbury.On a daily basis, provides clinical and
technical support for school based health center (SBHC) medical
providers. Also provides technical support to school based health
behavioral health and dental providers when needed. Ensures
appropriate supplies and equipment are stocked in the SBHC.
Monitors equipment and performs clinical testing according to OSHA
and CLIA standards. Enrolls patients in the SBHC and bills for
services rendered.ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets patients, parents, school faculty and staff.
- Identifies uninsured and underinsured patients and refers them
to Access to Care to obtain health insurance coverage.
- Escorts patients to room; accurately obtains chief
complaint/reason for visit and documents appropriately in
electronic medical record.
- Prepares patient to be seen by the clinical provider according
to medical policy and procedure guidelines, including the
measurement and recording of appropriate vital signs and the
collection of complaint/visit specific clinical data.
- Performs CLIA waived laboratory tests in accordance with
established policy and procedures and with personal competency
check list clearance.
- Sets up clinical operatory appropriate to reason for visit and
provides any assistance required by provider.
- Ensures adequate level of clinical supplies and materials
through on-going monitoring of clinical inventory and timely
- Maintains or oversees the daily log books for all CLIA waived
- Ensures timely billing of medical and behavioral health
- Supports communication among clinical team members by
accurately taking phone messages and relaying them in a timely
- Maintains universal precautions within the clinical setting at
- Participates as requested in continuous performance improvement
activities, including but not limited to service on standing
committees such as Infection Control, Environment of Care, and
- Serves as facilities Safety Officer.
- Leads or participates in special projects, for example "ELVES"
- Meets regularly with Regional Directors of School Based Health,
Nurse Managers, and Program Managers to discuss operational issues,
problem solve, address flow, etc.
- Assists in creating agenda for regular SBHC MA
meetings.QUALIFICATIONSRequired Skills and Education
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Completion of a Medical Assistant course from an
- Prior knowledge, skillset or training for EKG use, phlebotomy,
appointment scheduling, word processing and computer skills, and
familiarity with medical testing procedures.
- Sound organizational skills and accuracy at all levels of
- Prior demonstrated excellent communication and customer service
- Must be team focused and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- CHC requires as a condition of employment current American Red
Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer and AED (CPR/FPR/AED)
certification. The only acceptable alternative is current American
Heart Association BLS/AED for Healthcare Providers
- Experience with electronic health records
- Two or more years of experience as a Medical Assistant
- Board Certification, preferredRequired Licenses/Certifications
- CPR CertificationPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Requires manual dexterity to perform clinical tasks, moderate
physical activity including standing, walking and lifting.
- Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens and/or
bio-hazardous material.ADDITIONAL QUALIFICIATIONS
- Communicates clinical/client information to providers
- Communicates effectively with other medical assistants, SBHC
Program management staff and CHC senior management, school faculty
- Collaborates with medical provider and nursing staff.
- Maintains client confidentiality.CONFIDENTIALITY OF
INFORMATIONFull access to patients' medical records, accounts, some
agency procedural manuals. Confidentiality must be maintained
according to CHC policies.
Keywords: Community Health Center, Waterbury , School Based Medical Assistant (FT)-Brass City (Waterbury), Healthcare , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!