Per Diem Home Infusion Registered Nurse
Posted on: March 16, 2023
We are seeking an Infusion Nurse to join our team! The Home
Infusion Registered Nurse is responsible for providing the
administration of intravenous and subcutaneous infusions, per
physician's orders, in the comfort of the patient's home.Pay is
based on experience.Hourly: $45.00 - $50.00Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain positive clinical rapport with patients
and their families, working closely with them in the provision of
infusion therapy, education related to self-care and
self-administration (if prescribed), and clinical monitoring of
patient response to therapy.
- Assess patient appropriateness for home infusion therapy,
including the safety of the home environment, availability of the
patient and/or caregiver support, schedule appointments, and
receive calls regarding shipments of medication.
- Obtain and document the patient's medical history at the start
of care and ongoing, particularly as related to the diagnosis being
treated with the prescribed infusion therapy.
- Complete all required clinical documentation thoroughly and
timely (not later than 24hrs after the visit), including nursing
plans of care (POC), plans of treatment (POT), visit notes,
clinical summaries, medication profiles, discharge summaries, and
any updates provided to CureCare and as needed to
- Provide skilled care to patients of varying ages and medical
conditions, as outlined in the plan of care and by physician orders
and the plan of treatment.
- Establish, secure, and maintain vascular access devices as
prescribed, including (but not limited to) peripheral IV (PIV)
placement, PICC and tunneled central venous catheter dressing
changes, and implanted port access.
- Administer medications as prescribed, performing
therapy-specific clinical assessments by the Company's policies,
procedures, and protocols, which may include frequent vital sign
monitoring, management of acute infusion reactions, monitoring of
side effects, and procurement of laboratory specimens.
- Communicate observations of patient response to therapy and
overall physical. assessment/condition with members of the care
team promptly, which may include the nursing supervisor, dispensing
pharmacist, registered dietitian, and licensed prescriber, among
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge base of infusion therapies
administered in the home and ambulatory infusion center, utilizing
Company policies, procedures, and protocols in addition to all
available training resources to ensure understanding of each
therapy before initiating treatment.Qualifications:
- Active and unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in
the state(s) of practice and others as requested
- 2+ years of experience working as an RN in a clinical care
setting that contributes to proficiency in infusion therapy (such
as a medical surgical unit, emergency department, intensive care
unit, post-anesthesia care unit, or similar setting)
- Proficient with paper and/or electronic medical record
- Willing and able to work with an interdisciplinary team of
professionals including pharmacists and technicians, physicians and
other licensed prescribers, registered dietitians, home health
agencies (HHAs), sales representatives, and others as needed to
provide comprehensive care and support of patients and
- Willing and able to work independently in home or
- Willing and able to assume a flexible work schedule
- Willing and able to meet attendance, overtime, after-hours, and
other reliability requirements of the position
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable travel to
customer and/or patient sitesPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: CureCare, Waterbury , Per Diem Home Infusion Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...