Registered Nurse - Critical Care
Company: Waterbury Hospital
Posted on: September 16, 2023
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Registered Nurse in Critical Care utilizes the nursing process,
diagnoses to treat human responses to actual or potential problems
and is accountable to the patient, family and peers for the
totality of work performed in order that the organization can
fulfill its primary mission of providing quality health care within
the community. Population serviced includes adult, geriatric
patients and upon occasion, adolescents. Reports to the Assistant
- Develop and implement a plan of care and demonstrate leadership
to ensure all patient/family needs are met. Monitor patients
before, during and after surgery and /or procedures to provide
safe, efficient care. Evaluate the plan of care and the patient's
responses: reassess and revise the plan based upon changing needs
- Demonstrate the skill and judgment necessary to implement
Physician's orders, nursing interventions and procedures as
necessary for the care of the patient.
- Maintain up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care
provided to insure the integration of information for use by the
health care team and to insure the totality of quality care.
- Promote effective working relationships and work cooperatively
as part of the department team to facilitate the department's
ability to meet its goal and objectives. Contributes to Quality
Improvement activities and participates in the departmental Quality
- Responsible for own professional development to insure
appropriate knowledge of advances in practice to provide state of
the art treatment for patient population serviced.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut
- Medical/Surgical procedures experience required.
- Intravenous therapy experience preferred (included starting
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a time oriented environment including
exposure to all patient elements, i.e. blood borne pathogens,
physical requirements; lifting and pulling of patients, pushing
stretchers, standing and walking for extended periods of time
wearing a lead apron.
- Ability to demonstrate and perform strengthening and toning
- Ability to interact with patients with tact and
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet
and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital
- Perform automated functions that fall within job
Keywords: Waterbury Hospital, Waterbury , Registered Nurse - Critical Care, Healthcare , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!