Registered Nurse (Emergency Department) - $20k sign-on bonus
Company: Waterbury Hospital
Posted on: November 19, 2023
At Waterbury Hospital we offer our RN's with scheduled hours:
--- Employer paid pension plan --- Sign on bonuses for experienced
RN's --- Employee Referrals --- Opportunity for training in
specialty areas --- Generous student loan forgiveness --- Education
reimbursement --- Shift incentives --- Clinical Ladders SCOPE OF
POSITION: The Registered Nurse in the ED utilizes the nursing
process, diagnoses to treat human responses to actual or potential
problems and is accountable to the patient, family and peers for
the totality of work performed in order that the organization can
fulfill its primary mission of providing quality health care within
the community. Population serviced includes adult, geriatric
patients and upon occasion, adolescents. Position is supervised by
the Manager, Clinical Operations who reports up through Assistant
Director and director Emergency Services. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement a plan of care and demonstrate leadership
to ensure all patient/family needs are met. Monitor patients
before, during and after admission and/or procedures. Evaluate the
plan of care and the patient's responses: reassess and revise the
plan based upon changing needs and priorities.
- Set up and use all equipment needed for treatments.
- Act as resource for aides and students for all procedures in
the ED and on call.
- Demonstrate the skill and judgment necessary to implement
Physician's orders, nursing interventions and procedures as
necessary for the care of the patient.
- Maintain up to date and accurate documentation of nursing care
provided to insure the integration of information for use by the
health care team and to insure the totality of quality care.
- Promote effective working relationships and work cooperatively
as part of the department team to facilitate the department's
ability to meet its goal and objectives. Contributes to Quality
Improvement activities and participates in the departmental Quality
- Responsible for own professional development to insure
appropriate knowledge of advances in practice to provide state of
the art treatment for patient population serviced.
- Perform other related duties as required. REQUIREMENTS:
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Connecticut
- BCLS required; ACLS/TNCC, ENPC or PALS preferred.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to work in a time oriented environment including
exposure to all patient elements, i.e. blood borne pathogens,
physical requirements; lifting and pulling of patients, pushing
stretchers, standing and walking for extended periods of time
wearing a lead apron.
- Ability to adapt to a high stress chaotic work
- Ability to task and time manage.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills.
- Ability to interact with patients with tact and
- Must have basic computer skills and ability to access internet
and other programs applicable to Waterbury Hospital
- Perform automated functions that fall within job
Keywords: Waterbury Hospital, Waterbury , Registered Nurse (Emergency Department) - $20k sign-on bonus, Healthcare , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!