FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER (SEASONAL)
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: May 24, 2023
- We are hiring immediately for a FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER
- Location: Waterbury Hospital - 64 Robins St. Waterbury, CT
06708 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Schedule is flexible this position is only seasonal
for 90 days max. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Prevous barista and/or cashier experience
- Starting Pay: $20.87 per hour Make a difference in the lives of
people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity
with Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and
empower you to transform healthcare experiences. Take a look for
yourself at the !
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition
services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806
hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food
to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their
cafes to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients.
Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health
systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional,
and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the
healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of
Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time
and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine
in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best
Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison
is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group
and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs,
and 21,000 professional food service team members. Job Summary
Summary: Performs cashiering duties, including general food service
work. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation, service
and dining room facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and
seeding fruits and vegetables. Weighs and measures designated
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work
stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety
standards. Distributes supplies, utensils and portable
- Stores foods in designated areas in accordance with wrapping,
dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Ensures compliance with sanitation and safety
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure
proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion
- Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following
outlined steps of service.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Performs sales transactions.
- Enters sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are
- Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other
acceptable forms of payment.
- Issues receipts to customers.
- Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
- Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts,
ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while
maintaining service area cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned. BENEFITS FOR OUR TEAM
- Full-time and part-time positionsare offered the following
benefits: Retirement Plan, Associate Shopping Program, Health and
Wellness Programs, Discount Marketplace, Identify Theft Protection,
Pet Insurance, and other voluntary benefits including Critical
Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity
Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
- Full-time positions also offerthe following benefits to
associates: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance/AD, Disability
Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible
Spending Accounts (FSAs)Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass
Group. Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity.We will
consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those
with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a
manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the
New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal
history (and driving history) to apply.Morrison Healthcare
maintains a drug-free workplace.Req ID: 1189067
Keywords: Compass Group, Waterbury , FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER (SEASONAL), Hospitality & Tourism , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...