Guest Service Ambassador
Company: Baystate Health
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Guest Service Ambassador (GSA facilitates patient meals and snack selections, assembles, and delivers patient meals with emphasis on customer service and in the established timeframe. GSA provides guidance to patients and family members to select foods that are in compliance with Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) orders. GSA provides support for nursing and Clinical Nutrition Team. In addition, GSA facilitates intra and inter department communication to provide quality patient care and enhance patient satisfaction. GSA assists with inventory of stock items for the tray assembly areas.
Required to perform other similar and related duties as assigned. The manager may change or add duties to meet the operational needs of the department at any time without prior notice.
Job Responsibilities :
1) Assesses patients for appropriateness for food selections.
2) Assist patients and family with meal selections when indicated.
3) Provides guidance and encourages patients and/or family to select foods that meet MNT orders. Recommends alternatives. Confirms MNT orders and allergies in CIS and CBord.
4) Communicates consistent food choice and/or intake problems to Clinical Nutrition Team and nursing.
5) Accurately assembles patient snacks and meal trays that are in compliance with diet orders and food allergies.
6) Delivers meals, snacks and supplements to patients. Coordinates meal delivery with nursing for patients on points of care.
7) Uses dual identifiers when delivering trays and snacks.
8) Ensures completeness and accuracy of tray and assists patients with tray set up when needed.
9) Practices clean in, clean out.
10) Records supplement, fluid and meal intake. Records calorie count when ordered.
11) Reports patient snack/meal problems to Supervisor or Liaison.
12) Stock and refill cold and dry storage supplies for patient tray assembly and back up areas.
13) Practices safe food handling including maintaining appropriate food temperature, hand washing and personal hygiene.
14) Accurately processes Commissary orders to maintain par level for tray line food items.
15) Accurately assembles patient snacks in compliance with diet orders and food allergies.
16) Accurately performs tray tracking.
17) Practices First in, First out.
18) Delivers meals and snacks to units independently.
Required Work Experience:
1) None required
Preferred Work Experience:
1) Food service and/or healthcare experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
1) Able to speak, write and comprehend English.
2) Basic math skills
3) Ability to follow directions
4) Verbal communication skills
5) Familiarity with using Windows based software
What You Need To Know:
Opportunities for part time, and per diem positions.
These positions require weekend and holiday availability
Location: Springfield MA
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England's leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children's Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield
Keywords: Baystate Health, Waterbury , Guest Service Ambassador, Hospitality & Tourism , Springfield, Connecticut
here to apply!