HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST - WATERBURY, CT
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Posted Date: Dec 1, 2020Morrison Healthcare is a leading
national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated
to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems.
Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and caf--s feature
socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences.
The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices-- wellness and
sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and
an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption.
Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's
(PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41
million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison
has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to
Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training
Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive
years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than
1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000
professional food service team members.Job SummaryJob
Summary:Working as the HR Manager, your primary focus will be to
support the Human Resources function so that it meets both the
needs of the business and of our associates. The HR manager will
take the lead role in all of the following functional areas:
associate relations, HR specific training, HR legal requirements
and compliance, development and revision of HR policies and
procedures, associate engagement survey action plan follow up,
performance and merit increase monitoring, hiring non-exempt
associates and managing data associated with bonus
- Ensures all Company HR related policies are applied
- Objectively coaches associates and management through complex
and difficult issues. Provides guidance to management on
appropriate disciplinary action. Assists with on-site
- Oversees MyOpportunity for hourly recruitment and
- Maintains and coordinates associate recognition programs.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state laws.
- Regularly runs and/or reviews HR activity reports.
- Supports internal customer survey and associate engagement
survey interpretation/feedback process.
- Attends department manager meetings to increase HR visibility,
conducts classroom training, provides assistance and implements HR
- Reviews any request for pay increases or other status changes
to ensure internal equity and consistency. Process status change
- Prepares, coordinates and presents HR related topics and other
HR related training.
- Acts as the diversity champion by leading assigned tasks and
corporate diversity activities including diversity recruiting,
retention and promotion goals.
- Assists in the creation of Personal Development Plans, as
appropriate, for associates.
- Participates in the Annual Performance Appraisal
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field required; Master's
- PHR or SPHR designation strongly preferred.
- Three plus years human resources generalist experience
required; management experience a plus.
- HR experience at a large, multi-unit organization
- Previous experience as part of a centralized HR environment,
preferably in a corporate setting.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills;
advanced skills preferred.
- Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from
customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business
- Strong presentation skills required.
- Training certification a plus (i.e. Zenger-Miller, Stephen
Covey, etc.).Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!Morrison Healthcare
is a member of Compass Group USAClick here to Learn More about the
Compass StoryCompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.Qualified candidates must be able
to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily
with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job
post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential
responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with
this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or
change the essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)Req ID: 437790Morrison
HealthcareYVONNE GRAHAMSALARIED EXEMPT
Keywords: Compass Group, Waterbury , HUMAN RESOURCE GENERALIST - WATERBURY, CT, Human Resources , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!