Faculty, Ethics & Engineering, Department of Technology, Culture & Soc
Company: NYU Tandon School of Engineering
Posted on: September 16, 2018
The Department of Technology, Culture, and Society at the NYU Tandon School of Engineering invites applications for a full time, non-tenured, renewable faculty position in ethics and engineering with a start date of September 2019. New York University (NYU) is one of the top private universities in the United States. We have an illustrious past as Brooklyn Poly and NYU Polytechnic School of Engineering. Our mission is to excel in research, teaching and entrepreneurship. We aim to inspire and educate engineers for the 21st century. We are committed to quality, integrity, and respect for each other. We take pride in our high numbers of women students and students who are the first in their family to go to college. We seek faculty who have a real passion for a culturally diverse environment. Tandon belongs to the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC), which assists with dual-career searches. We foster innovation and entrepreneurship that make a difference in the world:
- Our faculty and students are part of the high-tech start-up culture in New York City and in downtown Brooklyn.
- We support four "future lab" business incubators that connect our students and faculty to today's innovation economy.
- We collaborate closely with other universities throughout NYC.
- We maintain strong partnerships with NY city and state governments and with industry and corporate communities. With NYU's unrivaled global network of campuses, we promote a truly global engineering education. We are deeply committed to teaching and learning, and we lead in online education and in K-12 STEM outreach. Our students conduct Vertically Integrated Research projects and participate in an extensive undergraduate summer research program. We invite applicants for classroom and laboratory teaching in all areas of ethics and technology with particular emphasis on ethics of engineering, data, and applied sciences. You should be an excellent teacher. You should have a JD degree or a Ph.D. in Science and Technology Studies; a social science field such as Anthropology or Sociology; Philosophy; Law; or a closely related discipline; and a record of teaching in these areas. A degree at any level in engineering or related fields, or experience teaching ethics courses to engineering or computer science students, is desirable. You should submit:
- Cover letter
- Current CV
- Recent teaching evaluations
- A teaching statement describing experience and teaching philosophy
- A diversity statement discussing your experience in working with students from many different backgrounds
- Names and contact information for three references. Please submit materials electronically at We will review applications starting November 1 and will continue until we fill the position; we encourage you to submit early. New York University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NYU does not discriminate due to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability, unemployment status or any other legally protected basis, and to the extent permitted by law. Qualified candidates of diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.
Keywords: NYU Tandon School of Engineering, Waterbury , Faculty, Ethics & Engineering, Department of Technology, Culture & Soc, IT / Software / Systems , Brooklyn, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!