Company: CorTech LLC
Posted on: June 25, 2020
Shift: M-F 7AM - 330PM, OT & Saturdays
CorTech is looking to hire a Machinist in Waterbury, CT.
This role is primarily responsible for the setup and operation of
conventional, special purpose, manual machines, manual lathes,
millers, grinders, drill presses, and band saws in a safe and
orderly manner while maximizing production output using efficient
and effective methods. Responsible for ensuring compliance with all
safety, quality, and business standards.
This role does not work with CNC machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Productivity, Cost, & Delivery
- Operate multiple machines simultaneously while proactively
keeping all machines in the department running
- Troubleshoot advanced and complex programs and maintenance
- Must be able to make changes to machine offsets and/or perform
program editing to maintain dimensional accuracy.
- Review blueprints, tool sheets, routings, and specifications for
accuracy and manufacturability
- Communicate correction and improvement needs to the engineering
- Monitor and document part quality for self in department,
including first part and in-process inspection using tools, gages,
and other methods
- Assure compliance to ISO91000 standards and support audit
activities as needed
- Adhere to and support safety procedures and policies
Communication & Teamwork
- Assist with troubleshooting, stock, and quality issues during
- Assist with other duties such as maintenance, inspection,
deburring, etc.as required
- Document material usage on work orders and minimize scrap
- Perform and document scheduled periodic maintenance and general
upkeep of machines in accordance with recommendations
- Maintain records of settings for programs and processes within
the scope of the department
- Maintain integrity, safety, quality, and production rates;
promote and reinforce a clean, safe, and professional shop and work
- Adhere to quality, on-time delivery, continuous improvement, and
overall best practices
- Participate in continuous improvements including processes,
productivity, quality, and safety
- Promote collaboration, communication, and teamwork within and
outside department and shift
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; 3-5
years' related experience; or equivalent combination of education
Advanced manufacturing/machining training and/or advanced
This position requires good manual dexterity and visual acuity to
manipulate micrometers, calipers, and other precision hand
Strong communication and interpersonal skills a must
Experience required with conventional, special purpose, and various
manual machines; manual lathes; millers; grinders; drill presses;
and band saws.
Toolmaking experience a plus.
Keywords: CorTech LLC, Waterbury , Machinist, Other , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!