The Controller is responsible for assisting the Chief Financial
Officer with all financial and administrative management of
Wellmore, Inc. He/she is responsible to assist with all agency
administrative functions including but not limited to accounts
payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, billing, reporting,
cash flow management, collections, investments, banking, insurance
and state and federal compliance.
1. Assist with the completion of timely and accurate financial
reporting and analysis to the CFO, CEO and Board of Directors,
funding sources, and external entities as requested or
2. Assist with agency wide annual budget, program budgets and
all mid year budget modifications.
3. Assist with managing all of the financial aspects relating to
all Wellmore subcontracts with other providers including payment
tracking and reconciliation.
4. Prepare and participate with year-end audit conducted by
5. Prepare monthly, quarterly and/or annual billing/reporting
for any necessary grant awards.
6. Review and reconcile fundraising accounts to ensure accurate
posting and usage of funds consistent with Fund Raising Department
7. Provide supervision to Senior Accountant, Financial Analyst
and Billing Supervisor to ensure timely, accurate work is completed
in corresponding areas of administrative functions.
8. Oversee entire payroll process ensuring timeliness and
verifying accuracy through biweekly summary report reviews and
monthly budget comparison reviews.
9. Oversee Accounts Payable function to ensure payments to
vendors are timely and accurate and are allocated or charged to the
appropriate program(s) and are consistent with unit cost
10. Review general ledger balances on monthly basis to verify
accuracy of expense and monthly journal entry postings.
11. Assist and oversee Accountants with accounting month end
closing procedures to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
12. Work closely with Billing Supervisor to ensure maximization
of third party collections.
13. Verify timely compliance with all insurance company and/or
Medicaid requirements in order to ensure payment for services
14. Aid in collaboration between billing department and
clinicians to ensure that all necessary documentation is obtained
to ensure payment for services rendered.
15. Work with clinicians and administrative staff to ensure all
insurance billing related issues are rectified as quickly as
16. Perform periodic review to ensure that all department
billing is processed accurately and in accordance with all state,
federal and insurance company guidelines.
17. Work collaboratively as a member of a team with other
professionals and concerned parties and to actively participate in
training and staff meetings.
18. Actively participate in supervision of direct reports and
19. Other duties as assigned by supervisor or senior
• Have the ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality of
both agency and client matters.
• Maintain a level of adequate productivity as determined by
• Be capable of working as part of a team.
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP), be able to interpret balance sheets
and profit/loss reports, grant award management and write and
implement financial management.
• Must have working knowledge of computers including accounting
software packages and worksheet applications.
• Have experience with billing software and medical office
• Be able to effectively communicate with the insurance
carriers, families and professionals (in writing and verbally).
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and payroll
such as ADP
• Have the ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
Bachelors or Master's Degree in Accounting or related major.
Minimum of five years' of Accounting experience; preferably in a
not-for-profit or healthcare background with state and federal
grant accounting experience., including supervisory experience. CPA
• Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
• Company paid Short- term disability
• Company paid long-term disability insurance
• Training and development Opportunities
• Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential
• Employee discounts on Verizon Wireless services
Wellmore is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected