Residential Re-Entry Specialist (Per Diem)
Company: Community Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Location: Chase Center (CT) - Waterbury, CT
Position Type: Relief
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: License Required
Job Shift: Various Shift Hours
Community Solutions is seeking a Per Diem Residential Re-Entry
Specialist to join our team at Chase Center in Waterbury, working
as needed. In this role you will provide client supervision and
complete all required program operations. You will uphold all
Agency policies and procedures pertaining to the safety and
security of clients, Agency property and the community. You will
also be a role model to the clients while providing a safe
environment, facilitating counseling, advocacy and support.
Community Solutions Inc. (CSI) is a nonprofit organization that
promotes the responsible citizenship, accountability, and
well-being of individuals and families involved, or at risk of
involvement, in the child welfare, juvenile justice, or criminal
justice system. Since CSI's founding in 1962, it has been a pioneer
in the community-based service. We have been delivering
supervision, treatment, and comprehensive individualized services
to help clients interact more effectively in their communities and
become productive citizens. Using this plan we built the first ever
halfway house in New England which has now been replicated and
grown to almost 50 programs in 9 states. For over 50 years, CSI has
been building upon its successful foundations and has been
expanding its services to serve thousands of adults, youth, and
families each year.
For more information about Community Solutions Inc visit our
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
* Report to work 15 minutes before their scheduled shift for
example staff hired for the 4pm-12am shift are required to report
to work by 3:45pm.
* Provide update on any client issues and incidents.
* Verify all physical items being passed between shifts.
* Ensure security of facility keys.
* Conduct employment, job search and home confinement spot checks
on each shift.
* Conduct common area, room searches and perimeter searches as
assigned and document results.
* Conduct pat/pocket searches on all clients entering the facility
and document results.
* Confiscate any contraband found and complete incident report.
* Complete house counts every hour from Midnight to 8am and every 2
hours from 8am to 10pm and document results.
* Transport Clients as needed in a Company vehicle.
* Conduct monthly emergency drills.
* Secure urines from same sex clients and complete all required
paperwork and electronic documentation.
* Supervise all client visitation. Sign all visitors and
contractors in and out of the facility.
* Complete intake on all new arrivals prior to the end of your
shift. Facilitate client orientation as assigned.
* Facilitate all client movement in and out of the facility.
* Monitor client's self-administration of medication.
* A High School Diploma plus 4 years experience in the social
service or criminal justice field.
* Education may be substituted with relevant experience on a one
year for one year basis.
* Able to arrive 15 minutes before shift for shift change, may also
be required to stay later.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Valid drivers license.
* 401(k) plan with automatic enrollment and a company match of 100%
up to 4% of your contribution.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Vet. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Community Solutions, Inc., Waterbury , Residential Re-Entry Specialist (Per Diem), Other , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!