Waterbury - Diesel Mechanic
Company: FirstGroup plc
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Are you ready to take your career as a Diesel
Technician/Mechanic to the next level?!?
At First Student, our technicians/mechanics are an integral part
of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety,
customer service, and have experience in heavy equipment
Why pick First Student? Glad You Asked!
- Wages up to $30.50 an hour depending on experience.
- Consistent year-round work. First shift (5:30am - 2:00pm or
8:30am - 5:00pm)
- An excellent benefits package with 10 paid holidays & 2 weeks'
vacation after a year, paid sick time, medical, vision, and dental
coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan.
- ASE training and testing materials provided. An extra .10 per
hour for each passed test in outlined ASE policy. We pay for
- Opportunities for Advancement Nationwide! - Advance your career
as Shop Manager, Region Maintenance Manager, or work in our
Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services divisions across
- Ongoing training - learn and work on gas, diesel, & alternative
DIESEL TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Repairs and maintains school buses and school bus
- Test drives repaired equipment.
- Perform diagnostics with J-Pro and OEM software.
- Diagnose electronic faults and problems.
- Ability to diagnose DOC/DPF and emissions issues.
- Coach and mentor lower level techs.
- Notifies the supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and
corrective action taken.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
DIESEL TECHNICIAN/MECHANIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid driver's license
- CDL B is Highly Preferred but if you don't have it, we will
train you to get it and take you to the test!
- Subject to a drug screen
- Possess a combination of education and technical experience
including a minimum of 1 to 5+ years of diesel service and fleet
- Must have adequate tools for the job
Now is the time to enhance your careernot just pursue another
job. You do not want to miss out on this tremendous
Apply online today to become a part of our team!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: FirstGroup plc, Waterbury , Waterbury - Diesel Mechanic, Other , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!