Medical Science Liaison - NY, CT, RI
Company: Exact Sciences
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Medical Science Liaison functions as a member within the
Medical Affairs department. This regional position may require up
to 4 days of field travel per week with 1 day spent in a home
office. The travel is within a defined geographic region, but
occasionally additional travel may be necessary. The primary
responsibility of the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is to provide
education and subject matter expertise support Exact Sciences'
This is a field based position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Become proficient in and demonstrate ability to understand the
major data sources (clinical trials, studies, published reports,
etc.) relative to the use of Exact Sciences' products.
- Support healthcare providers by offering clinical and
scientific information that helps guide medical decisions.
- Support health systems, population health leaders, and medical
quality professionals by offering clinical, public health, medical
quality, and other scientific information to help guide medical
- Delivery clinical and scientific presentations to healthcare
providers, health systems and medical group leadership, and
- Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing corporate
departments and field sales teams to create and implement
educational strategies for key clients.
- Provide insight into market trends and competition.
- Builds relationships and assists in the development of key
opinion leaders as potential speakers and collaborators for Exact
- Builds relationships with key decision makers in health
systems, medical groups, healthcare provider offices, state
departments of public health, advocacy organizations, and
national/regional professional societies.
- Collaborates with the Medical Affairs leadership in the
development of key opinion leaders.
- Collaborate with clients and thought leaders on a national,
regional and local level to develop clinical insights that support
medical research associated with new and existing products.
- Supports implementation team as needed.
- Collects and reports market information within company
- Provides Clinical Affairs team with recommendations on
investigator and site selection for future trials and studies.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within Exact Sciences (e.g.,
Marketing) to supply clinical content for future growth.
- Provides insights to Sales Force Effectiveness team regarding
opportunities for updates and improvements in sales force
- Attend regional and national tradeshows, symposia, and
- Identify local/regional educational events such as patient
education events and CME events.
- Manage time and travel expense budget for scientific exchange
and clinical education activities within dedicated regions.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, as
well as effective presentation skills.
- Ability to work well independently and manage time
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on producing high
- Strong verbal and written communication; public speaking
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work normal schedule of Monday through Friday during
normal business hours.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 10% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 60% of a typical
working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 40% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work on mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 50% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to travel approximately 60% of working time.
- Master's degree in a relevant health professions/sciences or
related field (biotechnology, biology, any clinical sciences
leading to necessary skills).
- 5+ years of industry experience in healthcare or medical
technology fields with Medical Affairs or similar industry
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving
violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license
revocation or suspension issues.
- Maintenance of automobile insurance to satisfy any applicable
state or local requirements with liability limits of at least
$250,000 per person, $500,000 per accident, and $100,000 in
property damage per accident (250/500/100).
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Doctoral degree in a relevant health sciences or related field
(PharmD, PhD, MD) is preferred.
- Experience in public health, population health management,
health insurance, and medical quality.
- Experience with screening and wellness programs is strongly
- An in-depth knowledge of the health care market as well as
experience with clinical trials is a plus.
- Experience working with and/or for advocacy groups and
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
and any other status protected by applicable local, state or
federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative
action program are available to any applicant or employee for
inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences, Waterbury , Medical Science Liaison - NY, CT, RI, Other , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!