Community Transition Coordinator
Company: Community Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Location: Chase Center (CT) - Waterbury, CT
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: License Required
Job Shift: First Shift
Job Category: Nonprofit - Social Services
New opportunities have arrived - Community Solutions Inc is
adding a new position to our current program at the Chase Center in
Waterbury CT. We are looking for a Community Transition Coordinator
to join our team and work with other Coordinators in our other DOC
programs. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of
client discharge planning and community transition. You will
implement all Agency and DOC policies and procedures, provide exit
packets, make community based referrals and resource linkages while
also collecting and reporting data.
Community Solutions Inc. (CSI) is a nonprofit organization that
promotes the responsible citizenship, accountability, and
well-being of individuals and families involved, or at risk of
involvement, in the child welfare, juvenile justice, or criminal
justice system. Since CSI's founding in 1962, it has been a pioneer
in the community -based service. We have been delivering
supervision, treatment, and comprehensive individualized services
to help clients interact more effectively in their communities and
become productive citizens.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include but are not limited to:
- Maintain all aspects of client discharge planning, including
the following duties:
- Providing and completing client discharge plans for the
Department of Corrections
- Coordinating all exit requirements with Probation and Parole
- Participates with Prisoner Reentry Councils and Forums and
follows up on resource leads
- Referring offenders to community based services and
- Following up to ensure follow through with referrals
- Collecting and reporting data on services and performance
- Collaborating in regular performance management meetings
- Collaborating with internal CTC team for regular case review
- Conducting Post Release Follow Up
- Reporting Post Release Data
- Completes client paperwork via Case Management electronic
- Abides by agency confidentiality policies and applicable
confidentiality statutes and regulations
- Maintains safety, appearance and cleanliness of CSI office and
- Adheres to program procedures and enforces rules, regulation
- Responds to client and program crises and reports incidents to
supervisor and program as detailed in Community Solutions, Inc.
reporting policies and procedures
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, supervision, and
on-going agency training
- Provide coverage as needed to ensure the safety and security of
Bachelor's degree in a social science field and one year
experience in social services or similar field preferred
Associate's degree in a social science field required. Education
may be substituted with experience on a year for year basis.
One year experience in working in social services or a similar
Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
CSI offers great benefits which include:
Two (2) weeks' vacation accrued within the first year, bumped to
three (3) weeks accrual after 1 year of service.
Sick time (7 days accrual basis), floating holiday time (4
Medical and Dental plans.
Voluntary plan options for: Vision, FSA, voluntary STD,
Accident, Hospital, Life insurance and AD&D.
401(k) Retirement savings plan with automatic enrollment and a
company match of 100% up to 4% of your contribution.
Tuition reimbursement after 1 year service.
- Ongoing training.
CSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Vet. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: Community Solutions, Inc., Waterbury , Community Transition Coordinator, Other , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!