Network Activation Tech (Ops Academy) - Broomfield, CO or Tulsa, OK
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
Lumen is seeking early-career or second-career self-starters who
are self-motivated with high technical aptitude and an interest in
a Network and Telecomm Customer Support role. You will participate
in our Ops Academy which is a robust 6-week training program to
jump-start and enable your success in this role. This rigorous
program is designed to develop tech-savvy individuals in the areas
of network operations, IP, and customer care where you will learn
about our technology, networks, products, processes, and customer
service best practices. Activation Technician I is an entry level
position within the North America Operations organization. This
role is responsible for the testing of layer 1 and layer 2,
implementation of services at layer 1, 2, and occasionally 3,
including private line services; Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, DIA, Voice,
Security, Managed Services and SDWAN suite of products. Their
responsibilities will also include product and systems knowledge
related to the activated services, technical validations,
pre-testing, troubleshooting, activation and post activation with
**THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES**
**Essential Job Duties:**
- Complete activations for external customers with oversight.
- Partner with the applicable departments to trouble shoot
activations for customers CCM's, Account teams and Field Ops
- Troubleshoot post-activation issues.
- Process orders according to SLA's, M&P's, On-Time Performance
objectives and quality standards.
- Manage the assigned queue (could be an ACD call queue where
assigned) to maintain service level objectives.
- Maintains and supports the network infrastructure. Update all
systems and databases with careful attention to detail.
- Provides accurate and consistent internal and external customer
communication during established intervals using phone, email, and
**Behavioral & Technical:**
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key
stakeholders to understand evolving issues and requirements,
understand upstream and downstream implications and dependencies,
ensuring key solutions are executed and properly coordinated.
- Maintains a commitment to safe practices and holds others equally
- Complete designated amount of work in a specified timeframe with
a high degree of quality.
- Efficiently and accurately work with multiple types of
information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
**WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE**
- Assoc degree or equivalent education and relevant experience.
- 2 - 3 years related experience in specific area or
- Telecommunications or other relative field of study/work
- Certifications on related telecom or networking field. Minimum of
- Fundamental knowledge of OSI model, working knowledge of IP
- Fundamental knowledge of Routing Protocols and Hardware Platforms
to include BGP, OSPF, TCP/IP, IP Routing, Cisco
- Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Cisco IOS, ATM,
Frame-Relay and Juniper
- Layer 2 and 3 Hardware and Software plus Juno OS, DNS, Radius,
- Exposure to Network Design (LAN, WAN and ISP) and
- Fundamental knowledge of all Ethernet Topologies
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). -We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. -Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
SALARY MIN: 36450
SALARY MAX: 81000
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for
this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums
may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills,
experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales
compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for
long-term incentive. We're able to answer any additional questions
you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad
range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and
perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are
governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
Keywords: Lumen, Waterbury , Network Activation Tech (Ops Academy) - Broomfield, CO or Tulsa, OK, Other , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!