Fleet Maintenance Manager
Company: First Student
Posted on: May 3, 2021
First Student is now hiring a Fleet Maintenance Manager at our
Waterbury, CT location! Location details & position overview:
- # of vehicles in fleet - 115
- Type of vehicles – International, Thomas, & GM
- # of maintenance employees in shop – 4 techs & 1 utility
- School districts served – Watertown, CT and Middlebury, CT Why
pick First Student? We are proud to offer the following:
- Attractive salary based on experience & qualifications
- ASE certification bonuses - earn a $2,000 bonus if ASE Blue
Seal is awarded to your shop!
- Comprehensive benefits packages including health, dental,
vision, 401k and paid time off!
- Growth potential - Advance your career nationwide with First
Student, Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services
- Ongoing cutting-edge training Shop Manager Job Duties Include:
- In relation to shop employees, is responsible for training and
employee development; planning and directing the work;
disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and
handling performance reviews.
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in
troubleshooting problems with equipment.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal
and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and
that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with
company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with location manager and region maintenance
management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements.
May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or
code and approve account payable documents.
- Ensure that maintenance technicians are trained on current
operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that
the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and
- Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform
hands-on work activities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. Shop Manager Job
- Technical training helpful
- Valid driver's license; Willing to obtain a CDL
- 5+ years of hands-on vehicle maintenance management
- Strong auto/diesel mechanical knowledge and experience
- ASE / OEM Certifications strongly preferred. Must be willing to
obtain while employed. (company training & bonuses available!)
- Subject to a drug test Apply online today to become a part of
our team! FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los
Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: First Student, Waterbury , Fleet Maintenance Manager, Professions , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!