Lead Analyst Networks Gross Margin Accounting
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Avangrid is seeking a Lead Analyst-Networks Gross Margin
Accountingto join their team in Orange, CTlocation.This highly
technical position takes a lead role in supporting the gross margin
accounting responsibilities including electric and gas commodity
transactions, transmission and distribution revenue recognition,
gas in storage and hedge accounting transactions. Provides data and
analysis for internal and external financial requirements/requests
in a timely manner, including regulatory support. Perform ad hoc
financial analysis, including business case support, as needed.
Lead effort in achieving team and departmental goals.MAJOR ROLES
AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work range of responsibilities):
- Review and/or prepare complex specialized calculations
(unbilled revenue, reserve analysis, and derivative accounting
- Review new organizational contracts and provide assessment for
lease and derivative implications. Demonstrate the ability to
explain difficult accounting concepts in a manner that makes it
easier for others to understand.
- Obtain in-depth working knowledge of the Company's financial
data and knowledge of the business. Provide audit support and
analysis for internal and external audit requirements.
- Assist in audit deliverables and completion of internal
controls. Work collaboratively with others assuming informal and
formal leadership roles as needed in order to share understanding
and build consensus.
- Manage projects or teams, including coordination of resources
outside of own area. Lead others to resolve complex problems in
non-standard situations.Benefits What Youll Receive
- Competitive wages and compensation
- Annual bonus opportunities
- 401k matching at 150% of your contribution (up to 8%)
- College and certification reimbursement program
- Paid vacation with scheduled increases Starting at 160hrs per
- Company paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc. options
- Employee wellness programs
- Internal training and advancement programsSkills and
- Requires a bachelor's degree in a related analytic discipline
including but not limited to Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- At least 5 years of experience performing financial analysis or
financial budgeting along with strong technical, analytical,
organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Advanced degrees and financial professional certifications
desired but not required and may be used to complement years of
- Utility experience, understanding of utility financials,
advanced Excel skills and experience with SAP financial systems
- Additional experience with project management experience a
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills with the ability
to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Strong communicator (verbal and written).
- Able to lead a group of two or more individuals. Advanced
knowledge of applications and mainframe accounting systems is
- Detailed knowledge of GAAP, 'FRS and FERC Accounting
requirements and utility industry practices.
- Think holistically and strategically. Attention to detail.
Progressive in their career path with the ability to advance and
lead without formal authority. #LI-VPICompetencies
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
About the CompanyAVANGRID, Inc.
(NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in
the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately
$39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID
has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid
Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas
utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and
New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of
renewable energy generation facilities across the United States.
AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized
by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies -
a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number
one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment
and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.s
Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the Worlds Most
Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the
Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit This job has been
posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is
committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and
equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is
the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color,
national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed,
disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local
Keywords: Avangrid, Waterbury , Lead Analyst Networks Gross Margin Accounting, Professions , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!