Digital Sales Technical Specialist - Coppell, TX and Brookhaven, GA
Posted on: June 21, 2022
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To
design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell.
To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do
something better, but to attempt things you've never thought
possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and
solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets
**Your Role and Responsibilities**
Digital Sales Technical Specialists are the technical experts and
advisors to clients, IBM sales teams and/or IBM Business Partners.
As a Digital Sales Technical Specialist you understand the client's
business requirements, technical requirements and competitive
landscape . You apply your business insights, engage with clients
and incorporate Data & AI into client-valued solutions. This is an
opportunity to shape the future for both IBM and its clients. Start
your journey now!
**Preferred Locations: Coppell, TX and Brookhaven, GA**
- Identify opportunities to position IBM's Data & AI as part of a
- Collaborate with IBM sales teams to define, design, and detail
the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions.
- Deliver pre-sales solution workshops, product demonstrations,
technical education, and Proof of Concept engagements that
articulate the business value for the Data &AI
- Understand IBM's points of view, the competition in the market,
and know how to position IBM's unique value proposition.
- Develop re-usable industry specific assets and
- Collaborate with other internal IBM teams to drive unmatched
- Use case identification and value realization
- Drive increased usage and adoption
- Demonstrate value of Data & AI to the customer while identifying
additional opportunities for adoption
- Activate early renewal conversations, driving up-sell and working
with renewal team to ensure execution of the renewal process.
- Ability to be hands-on and build and deliver product
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately, both written
- Proven relationship and organizational skills and the ability to
effectively work with multiple organizations.
- Ability to understand business problems, articulate a
corresponding solution based on IBM software, build a value
proposition, and establish a compelling reason to act.
- Understanding of competitive technologies and their place in the
**Required Technical and Professional Expertise**
- 1+ years experience in customer-facing technical role, Enterprise
Tech Sales, Consulting Services, or equivalent using integration
- 2+ years experience or knowledge in Agile/ Design Thinking
- Using data to make decisions and drive business outcomes
- Proven track record of success in technical sales role
**About Business Unit**
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries
with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The
company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business
unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with
dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally.
These country teams have client relationship managers who lead
integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery
professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By
complementing local expertise with global experience and digital
capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships.
This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients,
addressing new markets and making investments in emerging
opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves
clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the
products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also
expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital
This job requires you to provide your COVID-19 vaccination status
with supporting documentation, where legally permissible.
**Your Life @ IBM**
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the
world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for
millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your
individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves
their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add
to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change
- to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to
create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for
It's time to define your career.
Supplemental 1 employees may be eligible for paid holidays, paid
sick time and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
This position is eligible for participation in an IBM sales
incentive plan. Actual incentive opportunity will be based on
performance and the eligible Target Incentive, as addressed in the
applicable plan, all of which is subject to change.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or
in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this
position, you must have the ability to work without a need for
current or future visa sponsorship.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable law.
**Being You @ IBM**
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to
be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age,
veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to
compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship
and immigration status.
Keywords: IBM, Waterbury , Digital Sales Technical Specialist - Coppell, TX and Brookhaven, GA, Sales , Waterbury, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!